A new sign made of marble and brick was erected on the Gulf High School campus this week. The sign is a gift of the Class of 2003. Sponsors of the class were Mrs. Gilbreath and Mrs. Donlon. The sign is located in the extreme northeast corner of the property, at the intersection of School Road and Madison Street. In the future it will be lighted at night. Gulf High School opened on Sept. 18, 1922, although at a different location. The current building opened in 1971 as Gulf Junior High School.