The two pictures on this page were taken on Sept. 18, 1922, and Sept. 18, 2007. The top picture shows most of Gulf High School’s earliest students and two of its first three teachers posing in front of Community Congregational Church in New Port Richey, where the opening exercises for the school were held. Classes began the following day at Gulf High School’s first location, on what is now Grand Boulevard. The bottom photo shows student council members and class officers posing with two banners they and the faculty signed. Gulf’s first principal, Theophilus J. McBeath, is in the top picture (just to the right of the door), and the current principal, Thomas Imerson, is in the bottom picture.