The two pictures on this page were taken on Sept. 18, 1922, and Sept. 18, 2007. The top picture shows most of Gulf High School’s earliest students and two of its first three teachers posing in front of Community Congregational Church in New Port Richey, where the opening exercises for the school were held. Classes began the following day at Gulf High School’s first location, on what is now Grand Boulevard. The bottom photo shows student council members and class officers posing with two banners they and the faculty signed. Gulf’s first principal, Theophilus J. McBeath, is in the top picture (just to the right of the door), and the current principal, Thomas Imerson, is in the bottom picture.
85 years apart
Follow @gulfhighschool on Twitter
- NJROTC Leadership Academy
- Some Gulf teachers just a little younger
- Web article: Kadejah Saunders signs with South Georgia Technical
- Retired teacher sighting
- Gulf High School is now on facebook!
- He helped build this slide rule 62 years ago
- Course Selections for the 2013-14 School Year
- PIB summer news
- Cheerleading tryouts 2013-14
- Volleyball conditioning and open gym
- To register a student new to GHS. . .
- Summer reading assignments
- UPDATED: Summer Algebra EOC Test Prep Sessions
- IB / AP Academic Boot Camp
- Saying goodbye to some of our staff members
- Mr. and Mrs. Robinson
- Last day of school for teachers
- Teachers say good-bye to Mrs. Kelley and Mrs. Trapp
- Two planning days for teachers
- Camera catches adult pulling the fire alarm
- Retired and almost-retired math teachers
- Senior Video shown at graduation
- Congratulations, Class of 2013!
- Video clips from graduation
- GHS Morning News 5/30, 5/31, 6/3
- Graduation back in the day….